Friday, February 19, 2016

Dock, Revised (Chapter 6)

He called me, fire dancing just behind his words.
A tangled-up love pulling his strings
And a brimming desperation to him
That echoed through me.
How could I say no?
We met at the muddy side of a dock,
The waters beneath it shimmering quietly.
Night filled it with muted colors,
But was unable to quell the noise of creaking boards under our feet.
Wild gestures painted smoke,
Slowly spiraling from the tip of a grape flavored cigar.
My eyes transfixed at the gap of rough, thick fingers.
Wide and strong and kind.
And then my world tilted,
Focused solely on his earthy smile
On his open, earnest face
On his hands, shoulders, jaw-line.
And then it straightened again-
Pulled forward, stuttering, and crashing to a halt
In his eyes filled up with pain
For someone else.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a free write for this one because it is a revision of an earlier poem

    ReplyDelete