Thursday, April 7, 2016

Can You Do This?



Monsters


       We were lying in bed when I told him I had to check under it. He looked at me like I was crazy, and I probably seemed it. It was our first night sleeping in the same bed. I tried to explain, I knew I was a grown woman but I had never broken the habit. He just smiled at me and hugged me tight, kissed the top of my head and told me that any monster would have to go through him first. For the first time in twenty-four years I didn't check, and slept just as well.

1 comment:

  1. Free write:
    A man and woman lying in bed together she is afraid of the dark and has to check under her bed something she has done since she was a little girl she is scared that he won't understand but he accepts her and comforts her and she decides she no longer needs to check the bed

    ReplyDelete